Saturday, October 16, 2010

It Is So Hard to Say Good-Bye

Yesterday was my last day with my 3rd grade class.  There is a huge void in my heart right now!  To say I became attached to my class is an understatement.  I felt as if they were my own children, all 25 of them.  I am so thankful that I had a wonderful class and an amazing supervising teacher! I learned more in 8 weeks than in 3 years of education courses!

Yesterday, the class earned a movie/popcorn day.  I am not going to lie when we kind of planned it that way so we could get grades finished for end of the quarter! HA!  While I was out popping popcorn, my class was working hard on putting a book together for me.  I had no clue.  Then the office called and asked if I could come and pick something up.  Little did I know that this was a set up!!  I came back to the room and the door was locked.  I knocked and one of my students ran and opened the door and I heard SURPRISE!!  The tears began to roll down my face.  At the front of the class, was a box full of goodies for my future classroom.  Little did I know that the kids had been brining in things all week!  I always catch on to surprises and I had no clue!

I did good for the most part of the day until the kids started packing up at the end of the day.  I LOST IT!  Several of the students were tearing up too!  It was so hard to leave, but I refused to say goodbye to them.  I plan on subbing in the Spring and my teacher is going to request me every time she is out.

I will never forget my time with my class.  They taught me so much about teaching and myself!  They even made me a better parent!!  I am tearing up as I write this post!  I would give anything to erase yesterday, and go back to my 3rd grade class on Monday.

This Monday, I start my second placement in Title 1 PreSchool at a different school district.  I am not going to lie, I am very nervous about going into a PreK classroom after being in 3rd grade!  I am hoping for a smooth transition!  I know that I will learn just as much from those little kiddos and become an even stronger teacher.  This also means that I am half way done and will be certified in 8 weeks!  YIKES!!

Sorry for the lack of posts!  Student teaching has consumed my life and I love it!  David, Tyler, and Landon keep me pretty busy too!!  We are very excited that fall is here.  Tyler has a Halloween carnival tonight at the Youth Center.  She is super excited!  We are enjoying the cooler temperatures and college football on Saturdays!

I hope everyone is doing well!  I am sorry I am a horrible blog reader right now!

post signature

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Swidget 1.0