Sunday, October 31, 2010

100 Warm Feet

So I am having some issues with this post.  If anything shows up crazy, I am sorry!!!  Gotta love blogger sometimes!

I am something very exciting to share with you.  My little blog has been featured on a video for an AMAZING Sweepstakes to support our troops in Afghanistan.  Verseo is hosing a sweepstakes called, '100 Warm Feet' to provide thermo soles to help our troops stay comfortable during the cold months in Afghanistan.  Check out the Sweepstakes here

.This sweepstakes came at a perfect time for me.  It really  hit close to home.  Since August, David has been told he is deploying and then not deploying at least 4 different times.  It has gotten to the point where I haven't worried if he is going or not.  It is his job, deployments come with the territory.  That doesn't bother me at all. But this going back and forth is old.  For a month, he wasn't going on a deployment.  A few days ago, he comes home and says he is deploying again pending a grade waiver is accepted from AFPC.  I looked at him and told him, can you just tell me when it is official.  And when I say official, I mean he is boarding the plane!! To our family who may be reading this post, we haven't said anything because we are constantly going back and forth.  We will give details when it is official.  I am thinking he will have 2 different deployments that he is going on before he actually deploys!  Oh the life of the military, there is never a dull moment!!

On a more positive note, David was featured in the base newspaper on Friday.  It was a great article.  I am so proud of him!!!  Oh and Tyler was coined by the Base Command Chief a few weeks ago!  She is still carrying around her coin.  She is so proud!!

Happy Halloween!!  Check out the video below!!



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Where have you been Momma!!!!! Miss you Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great video! So well done!It was fun to see which of the blogs I know (and love) Thank you so much for sharing and congrats on your well deserved mention!
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Swidget 1.0