Sunday, July 19, 2009

Our Song

Have you ever heard that ONE song that fits you perfect or seems like it was written just for you? I have tons of those songs! I LOVE music! But there is the one song that brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. What is the song, you ask? God Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts. Let me give you the background story. I was a senior in High School and planning on attending college at Arkansas State University until I started dating this guy that was 3 years older than me. God, I have no clue what the attraction was. But hey, you are young and dumb in those teen years and sometimes things just happen for a reason. This guy was very controlling and obsessive. My parents hated him and man, if they only knew the half of it. I cannot imagine how horrible my life would have turned out if I married this guy. Anyways, enough bashing this guy so I can get on with my story. The guy lived 30 minutes from the University of Arkansas at Monticello and that is where I ended up going to school. I learned really quick that this relationship was headed down a very rough and rocky road and it was not healthy for me to continue in this relationship. Heck, I was in college and there were way cuter guys that were giving me the time of the day. SO I ended it! I attended UAM for 3 semesters before I met David. One of my sorority sisters asked me what I thought about David and I didn't really know him but I said he was cute. She turned around and told him that I really liked him and he should ask me out! Talk about blowing my words out of proportion, but honestly if she had not, he would have never asked me out. David and I had all the same friends but our paths never crossed. I was even on his fraternity's court. CRAZY!! I worked at Mazzio's Pizza and he came in one night with his parents. OMG, talk about butterflies in your stomach!! It really was love at first sight! I kid you not!! A few days later, I was getting off work and went to a friends house. I noticed there was a note on my windshield. It was from David and he wanted to know if I wanted to go out sometime and to give him a call! CLASSY, huh!! HA!! I must have really liked this guy because I called him!! We went on our first day a few days later and six months later we were engaged and he had enlisted. The rest is History!! I really do feel that I had to go through hell to find My Prince Charming. David, God really did bless the broken road that lead me straight to you! I love you!! What is YOUR SONG?

I hope you enjoy my play list that you can find at the bottom of my blog.

post signature

5 comments:

  1. You told me this story and I love it. I think it's so cute that he asked you out by putting a note on your car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s the way that song makes me feel about you too. I went through a few bad relationships and some really low times in my life before I met you, so low that I came close to taking my own life. Since we met I have felt like I have been reborn into a much greater life. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful, caring, and loving wife. Thank you for all that you do for me everyday, thank you for our two beautiful children, and thank you for being such an extraordinary mother for them.
    Love you more and more each day!
    Your loving husband,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont know why it is saying "Ashley said"

    I commented as my gmail account???

    But its David not Ashley, weird????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your husband loves you so much, Ashley!

    A great, healthy, love-filled marriage is such an extraordinary gift. So glad you have that.

    I'm a love song junkie. This year's song is "Faithfully" by Journey. Overall, it's "True Companion" by Mark Cohn.

    -Andrea (the one who is in the deployment trenches with you)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to hear about how people meet and I guess I never heard your story. More should tell how they met.

    We met through one of our mutual friends and I am so glad I met him and joined this wonderful family.

    Your song God Bless the Broken Road,is one I am sorry to say I haven't heard but will have to listen to it. Our song is " You Walked In" by Lonestar.. And for me I wasn't complete until he walked in my house and my life.

    And David's response touched me so. God directed you to each other and blessed you with beautiful kids and I am proud that we all are Family!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Swidget 1.0