I've been tagged by Becky! This should be fun because several of my readers do not know me. I will try to throw in some things that my family and friends may not know. Now, the rules are to post 10 things about you that are true, that your readers might not know . Then you have to tag other bloggers to do the same. Don't forget to put your award on your page!!
1. I love being a military wife. The moving around every 3 years as become the norm and we are already itching to move again. Seriously, David just updated his dream sheet. I love having the pride knowing that my husband is serving his country. This may mean that the kids and I sacrifice days, weeks, and months of our time with David, but it goes with the job. And the homecoming is always worth it! Believe me, the military life isn't peaches and cream but what job gives you a house to live in, great health insurance, and you can retire after 20 years!
2. I LOVE the smell of lemon Lysol and gas! I know, I am weird! I may have issues!
3. I really do not like getting manicures. It makes my skin crawl when they sand down your fingernails, (Not sure of the correct term.) it makes my skin crawl! Once again, I have issues.
4. I was very active in my youth program at my church. We took a mission trip every year in August. Some of my favorite memories are from these trips. We went to St. Louis, New Orleans, El Paso, Dallas, Kansas City, Louisiana, hhhmmm I am missing some more. Through these trips I learned that there are people in our own backyard who need our help.
5. David and I were set up by a girl who had wanted to go out with David. He wasn't interested in her so she set us up! I am not sure if it was a compliment that she set us up or revenge! (Actually, we were really good friends.) We have been married for 8 years so it worked out!!
6. I am back in school and I am kind of anal when it comes to my grades. I just finished my 5th semester and have had all A's and 2 B's. Most people would think that is great but I want ALL A's! I never cared in high school or the first time I went to college! Everyone keeps telling me not to worry about it but it bugs me!
7. We have been through a lot with Landon over the past year. Nothing major and nothing that I cannot handle! Thank you God! But he has some developmental delays. I have had to deal with people telling me that NOTHING is wrong with him and chill out to people saying something is wrong but we cannot help you. I took a Special Education class last semester and fell in love! Through all of our fighting with Landon and this class, I want to get my Master's in Special Ed. My professor even kept some of my papers to provide to her parents as a resource! And she has really made me feel that this is the right path for me. (I have her for another class in the fall! YIPPIE!)
8. I LOVE shopping for clothes for the kids!! I love putting outfits together! I am very picky with their clothes!! David will drag me out of The Children's Place or Gymboree telling me that the kids have enough clothes! I can't help it!! Buying clothes for me is depressing so I would rather buy for them. I have been called the Fashion Police! There could be a good reason for that!! I just wish I was better at doing Tyler's hair!
9. I have changed my major more times than I care to even think about. I went from Business to Accounting, Accounting to Criminal Justice, Criminal Justice to Paralegal. My mom has told me for as long as I can remember that I need to be a teacher. Did I listen, NO! She also told my sister that she would be a great Hair Stylist. Did she listen, YES! And she told my brother that he would be a great Electrician. Did he listen, YES! And what is sad about all of this is that I am the oldest of the 3 of us!
10. My favorite time of the year is fall! Back-to-School, the leaves changing colors, it is cooling off, and College Football. I am a die hard Arkansas Razorback Fan!! Seriously! David wasn't that into sports when we got married! Now he lives for football season. I took him to his first Razorback football game when I was pregnant with Landon. We cannot wait to take the kids to their first Razorback game!
Now it is your turn! I am tagging everyone because I want to learn more about you!
I hope everyone is having a great week!!