Happy Friday! Are you participating in Friday's Military Spouse Fill-in? If not, the click here and join the partay!! Hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend!!
What is ONE thing you’d like civilians to understand about being a military family? There is no way that I could list just one thing! How about a good ole bullet list! I kind of like them!
- It is impossible to make plans ahead of time. Once that dreaded work phone goes off, all plans are put on hold. We have no clue what lies ahead of us in a month, 2 months, a year, etc.
- No dates are set in stone until it happens.
- There is a lot that we cannot tell due to OPSEC (Operation Security).
- Watching a movie or tv show about the military doesn't give the 100% picture of our lives. Just a glimpse, and the majority of the time they give a false impression. I know I have never been to the base commander's house for tea and sconces.
- Base Housing is not free, we actually pay for it. We just do not write a rent check every month. It comes out of our check, we never see the money.
- The phrase, Oh there is our Tax Money at Work. We pay taxes too!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
3. What indulgence could you give up for a year? Sweet Tea. I have done it several times before and I have lost weight. I am about to give it up. God Bless my Students!!
4. If you could be a winged animal, what would you be? A cardinal! They are the mascot of my favorite baseball team and they are not hunted (I don't want my husband eating me!). And a bonus, they are beautiful!
5. What is one question you’d like to see asked in a future MFF? How did you vision your future premilitary?