Friday, June 25, 2010

Random Friday

Thank God it is FINALLY Friday!  I am hoping that this exercise indexes (ends) today and David will be home with us for the weekend!  FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Wifey of a Sailor is hosting a MilSpouse Meme on Fridays.  Check it out here.


  1. How did you and your spouse/significant other meet?
This is actually a funny story.  One of my sorority sisters actually had a crush on him, but I am going to leave all the details out!  Anyways it didn't really work out.  So a few days before my 20th birthday she asked me about him.  I said he was cute.  I didn't know him.  Which is crazy because we had all the same friends!  So my friend goes up to him and tells him that I like him (WHAT!!!) and he should ask me out.  At the time, I was working at Mazzio's pizza and he was working at a movie theater behind where I worked.  On his way to work, he left a note on my car asking if I want to go out sometime and call him!  The boy is lucky I called!  I NEVER called a boy!!  So I called him and he was at work and he calls me back at 1 a.m.  SERIOUSLY!!  So we said we would just meet up tomorrow because it was his Fraternity's Bid Day.  Another crazy side note, I was on his Fraternity's Court of Girls and we STILL didn't know each other.  So we ate lunch together that next day (On my birthday, he didn't know though!) and we decided we would go see a movie that next night.  Maybe 2 weeks later he told me that he loved me!  That was 10 years ago and we have been attached at the hip every since.  Ok maybe not since he is gone a lot thanks to the AF!!

2.  What is the best thing about being a MilSpouse?
Crying when saluting a flag or singing the Star Spangled Banner, seeing my 2 children with hands on heart at 5:00 on base, my heart skipping a beat when he calls during deployments, HOMECOMINGS, and having endless pride of my husband's job!  And being married to a man that wears a uniform is just an added bonus!!

3.  What is the hardest thing about being a MilSpouse?

Watching Tyler's and Landon's heart break when their Daddy is gone.  It never gets any easier.  It is also hard being far away from home and missing out on so much that is going on in our families' lives and vice versa.  

4.  What is your favorite dish?

OH this is hard, it depends on the day!  But I would have to say anything Mexican!!  

5.  If you could change one thing in this world, what would it be?

Provide more positive role models for our children.  


post signature

12 comments:

  1. My husband and I met through one of my ZTA sisters too!!! What sorority are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! What an awesome love story you guys have.

    Side note: I haven't had Mazzio's Pizza in years! Reminds me of lunches at PBHS =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubs and I didn't actually meet until we were out of college, but a fun fact: His fraternity helped found (why does that not look right to me? create?) my sorority.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as attached as anyone in the military can be right? : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny how things work out? Huzzy lived just a few miles from me and I had commented on his "tallness" to a coworker when he visited the museum in uniform months before we met! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I totally agree about the role models!! I got a lump in my throat reading your answer to question 3! Great answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, a man in uniform is a nice perk of the job! There is just something about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a new follower. Loved your answer to #2 & #3.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great answers! I agree that one of the best things about being a mil spouse is homecomings and one of the worst is my husband missing out on the kids' lives. And I loved your story about meeting your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute story on how you met! I'm following you now too and got you linked up on my AF Lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that story it is too precious! I'm an Air Force brat so I do love the Air Force but currently the Coast Guard has my heart. Great blog and I can't wait to here what is in your future! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Swidget 1.0