Sunday, May 16, 2010

Award and Books

First off, thank you for all the sweet comments on Landon's allergies and my Mom's graduation!  We have a good handle on the allergies, FINALLY!!  


I got an award from Jen at The Adventures of Our Army Life.  Thanks, Jen!


1. Why do you blog?
I started my blog last spring before David left for deployment.  I wanted him to go to the blog when he was unable to talk to us and see pictures of the kids and I.  It was also a great way for me to journal and cope with the deployment.  


2. How did you meet your significant other?
David and I met in college.  One of my sorority sisters set us up and we hit it off.  Our first date was Feb 10, 200.  We were engaged Aug 18, 2000.  He left for Basic on Oct 4, 2000.  We were married on May 26, 2001 and left the following weekend for our first base in England.  We haven't looked back!!

3. Where is your favorite place to shop?

Oh my, I love to shop! I love Gap, Gymboree, Forever 21, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and Target.

4. What is your favorite childhood memory?

I do not think that I could narrow that down to just one.  But all of my favorite memories are of camping with my parents and brother and sister.  David and I are hoping to take the kids on our first camping trip as a family this summer.

5. What is your favorite movie?

Once again, not sure that I can narrow it down to just one.  Here are some of my favs:  The Wizard of Oz, Steel Magnolias, Top Gun, The Breakfast Club, and The Lion King.

6. What is your biggest fear?

Something happening to my family!  

7. What do you do for fun?

Anything with David and the kiddos!  

8. Who is the one person you can tell anything to without judgement?

David

9. Do you have any pets?

No, poor Landon is allergic!  :-( 

10. What is your middle name and is there any meaning behind it?

Suzanne, I am named after my maternal grandmother.


I am passing the award along to all of my readers!  I love you all to pick just 7!!  


We had BIG plans for the weekend.  Yesterday was Armed Forces Day and there were so many opportunities to attend events for free.  We had tickets to the Royals, but the seats were about as high as you can get!  We scratched that idea.  Then we got an email about the dirt races (hhmm, not sure if that is what they are called!) in a nearby town.  Military children could get in free and Active Duty and spouse got in at a discounted rate.  WE thought this would be a better idea and the kids were so excited.  The weather didn't hold out!  It rained all day yesterday and today!  


We ended up having a nice and relaxing weekend.  Tyler and Landon played together all weekend.  There may have only been 2 fights!  David and I kept waiting to wake up for the dream!!  We decided to rest and just take it easy.  


I read 4 books this weekend!  










Can you tell that I am getting ready for student teaching in a 3rd grade classroom!!  

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Aw, congrats on your award! I love your blog! Glad you had a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Swidget 1.0