Lately I have noticed Landon's right eye turning in towards his nose. I knew exactly what was wrong. My brother has a lazy eye and so did my grandfather. Landon had his eye appt today and he does have a lazy eye and needs glasses. The doctor was surprised with how quickly I caught this! She had to dilate his eyes and Landon was PERFECT!! She was really impressed that he didn't scream and cry. She said she had never witnessed a 2 year old be so calm. His glasses are really cute and I cannot wait to see them on him. I am also looking forward to the adventure of keeping the glasses on. Today I got to thinking about how crazy the past 2 weeks have been, but I have so much to be thankful for.
- Landon has a lazy eye and needs glasses, but he can see!!
- Tyler misses her Daddy beyond words, but she has a daddy to miss.
- School has already been crazy busy, but I have the opportunity to go back.
- My allergies are killing me, but I am here and healthy with my 2 beautiful children.
- This deployment is getting REALLY OLD, but it is only 4-5 months and not a year!
- Landon keeps me busy with all of his Therapy appts, but he has overcome so many obstacles over the summer.
- Landon's doctors are driving me insane, but we have health insurance.
- I have been sleep deprived with a 2 year old who is up all night due to his eczema, but I have 2 amazing kids.
- We miss Arkansas, but we are finally within a days drive to home.
I could go on and on. It is so easy to start feeling sorry for yourself. Believe me, I have done a lot of that lately! I am going to start replacing the negatives with positives in my life! Life is too short to be miserable and dwell on the negatives in life!!