Thursday, May 28, 2009

Daddy's Interview

I thought it would be fun to interview David about his life in the Air Force, his deployment to Iraq, and his upcoming deployment to Kuwait. If you have any questions you would like answered leave a comment.

What do you love about the Air Force?

HHHMMMM, I have been able to travel all over the world. I have been to Jackson Hole, WY, Las Vegas, Amsterdam, Iraq, Florida, San Antonio, TX, different parts of England, and various places that I never imagined I would ever visit.

What do you not love about the Air Force?

Living away from Arkansas and missing our family. Then they moved me from a job that I loved to a job that I am miserable in.

Tell me about you experience in Iraq.

It was a very eye opening experience. You cannot imagine how different someone else's lifestyle than ours can be until you witness it for yourself. It really makes you appreciate everything that we have in the states. Someone can say that, but not really grasp it until you have been there.

Were there any scary moments while deployed to Iraq?

Drew and I were out on the flight line performing our routine generator checks when we heard over the base loud speakers, "Incoming, Incoming, TAKE COVER!" But it turned out to be a false alarm. Scary part was that there was no where for us to take cover!

What was the hardest thing about being deployed to a country that was/is at war?

Being separated from my family and not being there for them when they needed me. I felt helpless. I wanted to be home to help them but I couldn't.

*While deployed to Iraq, David missed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and his birthday.

What is going through your head as you get ready for this deployment to Kuwait?

I am kind of excited about a change of pace from my normal job. But I am nervous about the unknown. I do not know what to expect. I feel guilty for having to leave you (Ashley) on your own with the kids and the house.

Other than your wonderful family, what will you miss the most?

The simple luxuries of living in your own home. I will be stuck in a dorm room with 3-5 other guys. I will not have my own shower/bathroom.

*HHHHMMM, thanks for missing my good cooking!! HA!!!

What else would you like to share?

HHHHMMMM, I don't think so.

* I married a man of many words. It is a good thing that I can talk enough for the both of us!


Ok, so Tyler wanted to get in on the interview. Here is the life of a military child.

Do you know where your dad is going this summer?

Kuwait, yeah, I think.

Where is Kuwait?

Far away, I think.

Why is daddy going to Kuwait?

To get the bad guys.

How do you feel when daddy is gone?

Really, kind of, almost, really sad.




2 comments:

  1. We are very thankful for the wonderful men and women who are fighting for our freedom and I am proud to have one of them as my brother in law and a wonderful sister in law who also fights for our freedom and shows us what they do for us to keep us safe. Mike, I and the girls love ya'll very much and we pray for you, kids and for David during his tour and for his safe return home to his family waiting for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAWWW, now I am going to cry!! Ok seriously, everyone is going to have to stop leaving me sappy comments until after he gets back!! HA!! Thanks for the sweet comment!! We love yall too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Swidget 1.0